Bolderscience.com makes searching the ClinicalTrials.gov list easier. It will give you the same search results as ClinicalTrials.gov but may be more user friendly. While the website was made for U.S. healthcare professionals, potential clinical trial volunteers can use it too.
How to search on Bolderscience.com:
- Go to Bolderscience.com
- Type in a condition, disease, or medication name into the "Search ClinicalTrials.gov database feed" search bar.
- Click location and choose "United States" or another country if you live abroad.
- Click "Search."
- Filter your search by entering information next to the "Filter by:" banner. You can filter by Trial Status, Trial Phase, Age, Sex, and/or location.
- If you are searching for clinical trials you can participate in right now, under "Trial Status" click "Not yet recruiting" and "Recruiting."
- Save clinical trials you're interested in by clicking "Save Trial." You'll have to create a free account to save trials.
- To find out whether you're able to participate in a trial, and to find out contact information and location of a trial, click "View Full Trial." Then click "Eligibility Criteria" and "Contacts and Locations."
It is very important that before you contact a clinical trial, you talk with your doctor or other healthcare professional. They will help you confirm that you can or should participate. They will also tell you the risks and potential benefits of participating.
Once you have approval from your doctor, contact the clinical trial.